thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Friday, February 15, 2008

Yesterday was a fine day...


Kash and I went shopping after some devotions, homeschool and housework. We were excited we were going to find something that we could cook for a special supper since it was not only Valentine's day but my 45th b'day. Yep, there I said it! ~ouch~ I'm sure I just felt PAIN... :s
For starters, we had to find me an exercise mat. Since I'd read Kari's blog about the gym, I decided I wasn't too old or decrepit (creaky: worn and broken down by hard use) to try... I joined a cardio kick boxing class and I love it most of the time! ;) I knew there was some exercise equipment on sale at SuperStore, so trekked (any long and difficult trip) there first.

Did I say, how hungry we were? We had Dad's bank card and yes, we were VERY hungry (a feeling experienced when the glycogen level of the liver falls below a threshold, usually followed by a desire to eat). $71.96 + $11.29 (for a donair pizza) later, we went home; and did I mention happy...(an emotional or affective state that is characterized by feelings of enjoyment and satisfaction)?
Upon arriving home, I ate an apple and pkg of "crispy delights" (and they are VERY delightful), got ready for the gym and went to my class. When the class was complete ~sigh~, I drove to the hopital to pick up my Honey. As I waited, I decided to call Kasha to see how things were going...

She was squealing in delight ~ something about a job...tomorrow...Sobeys...3 o'clock... Pardon, what did you say, Kash? Kasha starts a job at Sobey's in the deli deparment at 3 pm today! I'm happy for my girl. We had given up looking/putting out resumes because she in going on an upcoming Youth Missions Trip to Toronto with the group at FBC... We thought, we'd leave the job hunting til after. Yes, she told the lady, Erin about it and it's okay that she'll be away for a week in March.

Our God is so good!

When we got home, we enjoyed Donair pizza, pop and decadent chocolate molten cakes (cakes that ooze warm decadent chocolate from the center when broken into with blunt object)...

~mmm~

It was a fine day!

2 comments:

gailsgarden said...

A late HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I just can't quite get the connection to an exercise class and exercise equipment and all the STUFF YOU ATE!!! Have you seen how great Julie J looks after taking kick boxing?

tacky said...

Happy Birthday! I say you celebrated it in style...chocolate makes anyone look good!
Oh, and thanks for making me feel guilty...I have missed the last 3 classes for some reason or another...it is hard when kids are sick, husbands need errands, and then I get sick...I know, I know, excuses, excuses! sigh
At least you looked good while you ate your treats!!! kari