thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Monday, April 14, 2008

A bit of heritage...

Grammy & Grampy Green

The picture taken in a photo booth ~ date unknown



This is my Gram's parents stone in Hartland NB ~ my husband is working at the hospital in the Hartland area and I've gone looking to see for myself. Unfortunately, the Hartland cover bridge (the largest of it's kind in the world) is shut down for repairs. I can see the area, the church, the campground near the river but the roads are shut down til nicer weather ~ yes, I'll return! My grandparents are from the Perth Andover, Plaster Rock, etc areas.


My grandmother's family came from Ireland when she was a teen and she was from a strong Catholic family. While sitting in the yard one day, she noticed a neighbor lady hanging out clothes. This particular woman was singing hymns and choruses and was always full of joy. My grandmother asked her why she was so happy and the woman told my grandmother the gospel! ;)


My grandmother brought her family up in the Lord and they were faithful. I've heard that my grandfather was saved too but I've never heard his testimony. I got closer to them after I was older and even closer when I got saved. My grampy was sick then, after suffering a stroke so we never did chat, the way Gram and I did!

No comments: