thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Friday, April 18, 2008

I was having a great day or was I?

This is Maisy ~ doesn't look like she could be trouble, does she? And below, is her treat I left for her to chew on...


Early this morning, very early this morning (5:45 am), my husband is awake and I know he tries to be quiet and he is...
REALLY!
Alot better these days than when we first married.
Back to 5:45, no it's now 6:30 am and yes, I laid away the whole time but now it's time to hit the road. Cliffton starts his shift at 7 am and the hospital is about 15-20 mins away and all that depends on Tim Hortons! Well, away we go and I get mine and we share it and Cliffton gets to save his for shift report! I don't mind, I can go home and make a huge pot (after pot, if I choose).
Anyway, I finally get home and put the coffee pot on and do a number of other things as Aunt Sheila is coming for a visit. Oh, I remember I should be sitting down to do my devotions but I don't and have no excuses...
Soon it's time for me to run off to the grocery store to pick up something to munch on when Aunt Sheila comes. I get myself together and run to the car, jump in and turn the key....
Only to hear...
~RRR~RRR~RRR~
Man, I left the lights on ~ oh, why does HE put them on anyway??? HE, meaning Cliffton, who started the car. We just had this conversation...
Needless to say, I wasn't going anyway and now had a new delima. I needed to find a neighbor to help and the only neighbors I have, are out for the first time this week! :s
I get a few other things done while waiting but still considering the nonchalant walk to the neighbors house. Why the indifferent walk? They have 2 good sized dogs, the newest is Towzer and he the biggest, meanest, rottie I ever laid my eyes on. He's not but he doesn't know me and all he will do when he sees me is bark! But as I walk to the door, I can only see Princess and she's lovely and what's more, she likes me ~ well, I do give her a treats...
After beeping the horn, calling out, and continuously running back to my porch and then giving in and asking Kash to come with me (and 2 treats in my hand), we ventured over. This time, Towzer surfaced and started to bark and I literally started to run home! Yep, I did...
Cora, my neighbor heard Towzer and came to the door this time. Ahhh, all I could get out was "I need help!"
Kash just looked at me!
"you don't say"
Cora and Dustin helped and I was on my way after thanking them. Kash and I enjoyed company, garlic fingers, and pop. Around 2:40, I had to take Kasha to work for 3 pm. Any other time, I'd take the dog but it's been warm and I had a free tanning session and didn't want to leave her in the car... Here's the wonderful surprise I had when I got home.

Just yesterday, my devotions was a reminder to start the day with the Lord...

~sigh~

Despite my putting my devotions off, the Lord gave me an opportunity to give a tract out! ;)

He's always good!

1 comment:

tacky said...

OHHH Kim! I better go have my devos right now...I have been on the go ever since getting out of bed...and Teddy just came to tell me "Chevy puked you better come look!" It sure changes the way I react to things...or not! Have a better day...Kari