thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Saturday, January 27, 2007

An antique with meaning...



This is a ceramic plaque that I bought for my mother in 1974 ~ that would mean I was 11 yrs old. I saved my money that I got from babysitting jobs I got in the neighborhood. For months I saved to buy her this great b'day gift that I saw at Woolworths. Remember Woolworths?
It is beginning to look banged up. My mother passed away a year later and I've kept in all this time. I've always used it ~ I thought it would be safer/best if I kept it up then to pack it away. It was is immaculate shape when I first started keeping it, I lost many other things and why this piece has been around all this time, is a wonder to me. I had three wedding rings that I wanted to fix up for my two sisters and myself but we got broden into and they were stolen. ~ugh~ That has always bothered me!
My mother cried when I gave her this plaque and she wrote all the stuff on the back which only makes it more special. ~smile~
Happy Birthday Mom
Mar 1st/74
From daughter, Kim
"LOVE"
I know I'll be upset when it gets broken and I have already tried to accept the fact that it will happen... ~wink~

3 comments:

Jenn Basham said...

Kim, what a beautiful memory. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Basham

sara said...

Wow Kim...I can't ever remember saving money to buy my mom a present! You are so sweet- good story!

Heavenbound Kim said...

You always wished you helped out more. Being the oldest of seven children ~ I was old enough to do dishes... Kim :(