thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Read to our children..?

Where do I start... maybe the beginning is the best spot.

When I was expecting Lance, the pro's (whoever they were, at that time) were encouraging parents to read to their children as early as possible. So the next time I went to the grocery store, I looked thru the Golden Books and here is what I picked up...

I read this book to Lance, everytime he was in his swing, sitting with me on the couch, going to bed, etc ~ just any ole chance I got, I read this book. He was about 3 wks old when he started to show signs he was really enjoying my reading ~ which only encouraged me all the more...


You see, Sooki, the Saggy Baggy Elephant was alone having the time of his life dancing and kicking... He meets up with a parrot and then the tiger (front cover) who began to tease him ~ his skin doesn't fit like the tiger's (fits like a glove). I could tell this story by heart, if I absolutely had to... Anyway, Sooki's in a bad way! He finds a nice pond to just relax maybe even shrink his skin...

...Only to be frightened by the alligator who was "looking greedily at Sooki's tender ears". Poor fella clambered up the bank to find a place to hide his hidious sags, bags and wrinkles. Sooki found a cave and he was feeling really bad...

Just when he thinks, he's had all he can take ~ the lion comes padding down the path for a meal. After all he's only had a "thin, bony antelope, and a puny monkey, a tough buffalo and two turtles ~ nothing much to them between the saucers they wear for clothing. He's so hungry, he could eat an elephant"...

Check out the muscles! It is at this point that Lance's lip begins to tremble and remember, he's only 3-4 wks old. His eyes well up and he just lets it rip ~ he just starts sobbing... I tell him, "it's okay ~ Sooki's gonna be okay, really"... I take him out of the swing and just hold him ~ he was a wreck! I had to be careful after that about how expressive I read to Lance. I didn't want any reruns but it was funny (when I look back on it). At the time, a young mother wondered if reading to children was a good idea...
To be continued...

No comments: