thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Friday, May 11, 2007

THE New Coffee Table...

This is THE coffee table that I put on LayAway at the Brick. While I was in Saint John, my husband wanted to surprise me by having it in the house upon my return... Aw, isn't that sweet of him? ~sigh~

He paid the rest of the bill and all but I was expected home the 27th of April and the table wouldn't be here until the 30th. Well, the 30th came and went and still no table!

Cliffton called to see what the holdup was and the woman on the other end decided $50 back in our hands would look after our troubles. Well, okay ~ maybe we can wait a bit longer afterall, it's worth $50... ~sweet~
But then another week or more went by...

When we called this time, the table was out of stock! Is there something wrong with this picture? They didn't call us and are in possession of $$$ that is ours and the last table they planned to put in the clearance center.
This was a first and possibly last sale with the Brick ~ we'll see!
We rushed to the clearance center before someone else decided they liked it more than we did... The table was still set up with the sofa set where I picked it out with some minor bumps and scratches but it will get bumps and scratches at our place too.
So in the end we got the table (bumps and scratches ~ minor, don't forget) at 1/2 price with delivery included for free. God is so good!
PS ~ I saw this table at Pastor & Mrs Falconer's house and fell for it. Of course it looks a lot different in her place than here but I have my eye on a new sofa and that might make all the difference. I'm praying now to find the perfect sofa for the perfect price... And the Lord will deliver (for free too)! See, He is so good...

3 comments:

Melodiejoy said...

Nice Coffee Table!!! - Were still without many, many items... including a coffee table. But I'm sure that the Lord will provide all our furniture in His timing. He's provided many people to loan us furniture till we can get some of our own.

gailsgarden said...

I like the coffee table. Have you heard of Old English furniture polish? It will fix up any scratches or bumps and you will never know they were there!
It is SO GOOD to hear from you again!

Heavenbound Kim said...

Thanks, Gail ~ it worked on one already but still need to get to 3 more, the coffee table being one! Thanks again! oX's Kim;D