thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Friday, January 25, 2008

Some Unfinished Business!

I have a fecebook friend that keeps in contact from time to time and she had what she called UFO's (Un~Finished Objects) and posted one that she intented to finish. Unlike me, she wants to finish so she can get busy doing another, as she put it, nicer one; although her UFO is pretty, she's probably sick of looking at it. Maybe that is what happens to me. This is the first of many...

This is the biggest cross stitch I have going and most likely, the littlest (if that's a word) to do on it! ~ugh~ I started this when I was unmarried and was contemplating a few changes to suit... It's size is about 10x13. This pattern is Janet Landry's and at times I wonder if she remembers lending it to me. I had it since 1993, ~gasp~ I think and I'm not kidding. My pup at that time chewed the corners and that was my reason for not giving it back. ~blush~ I just won bidding on that same pattern last night on EBay ~ it's on the way!

($3.25 ~ incase you're wondering) ~wink~

Here is the next largest one ~ maybe fitting into an 8x10 frame and very little to do on it. I think just the border has to be done and it's so simple, I'm ashamed of myself when I look and see how little has to be done on it...

I think this one is finished but I'd have to look real close. I picked the next few because I thought if I chose something a bit smaller, I would finish it... Oh, so not true! It is about 5x7...

I did something on this that I don't like so it's not done...

This is a music sign I designed so I could do something special for Kash someday ~ nope, didn't get to that, either...

This one is real tiny and well...

I made these with scraps ~ I was really desparate for smaller things and still all these need is a magnet... What is wrong with me????

More scraps...
A honey bee ~ something else for Kasha

This might be 5x7 and it's almost completed...
~sigh~
And finally, something I started in S'toon to try to get back into the groove so I lied to myself... These are just a few of my projects. I have bought stuff for stamping, cards, crotcheting, knitting and basically whatever happens to come down the pipe. Needless to say, I can't go to Michael's... It justs cost me alot of $$$, grief and disappointment. ~ugh~
Any suggestions that won't hurt too bad???
My facebook friend, Dawn has challenged me and I'm working on the Virtuous Woman ~ Proverbs 31... I'll post my progress a little later! ~wink~

2 comments:

tacky said...

Years ago I cross-stitched Pro. 31 for my mom. It took me 2 years - I understand. Glad to hear you are back in NB. Wish we were too. By the way I have wedding pictures set aside for you if you want them. All I need is an address. Send it to Gail by email. Cheryl T.

gailsgarden said...

Many of my unfinished projects are not things I even care to finish! Some may even go out in a yard sale, but then that is an unfinished project too which requires hours to get it ready! I'm sure most people in this world don't have our problem. They don't have "stuff!" We are greatly blessed!