thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A candidate for Abdominoplasty?

Plastic surgery?
Yep, I went to see a surgeon yesterday ~ excited, yet afraid too.
Another surgery...
~unhun~

Because of the incisions that were made, the surgeon strongly advised against it! He says that the incision that is horizontal would hamper blood supply, making for huge trouble during surgery and in the healing process but the vertical one (x2) would never stretch for that procedure.

My first surgery was to remove a little more than 1/2 of my liver, to care for what was thought at the time ~ liver cancer. It was true, a large portion of the liver wasn't functioning and after the removal, the Dr's found it wasn't cancer. ;) Praise the Lord!

The second surgery was to fix a huge surgical hernia that had developed on my abdomen almost a year later. I had that surgery just 8 days before leaving for Saskatchewan ~ in retrospect, that might not have been the best move at the time!

While the plastic surgeon urges me not to seek another opinion, he informed me that I, indeed have 2 more hernias and he will refer me to, who he thinks is the finest in the area for this procedure.
Did I mention that this is surgery #3!
~ugh~

I knew I had one hernia and that is why I made the appointment with the plastic surgeon. I thought, if someone could do it once and for all and leave me with no more to worry about in the future, this is the guy to call!

On the other hand, I'm very thankful to live in a country where, we don't go broke when we have serious health issues. If I had to pay for just the first procedure, I'm certain, we would have been "in the poor house" (a phrase my mom often used). Cliffton was in school and lost about 3-5 wks of clinical (caught up later), I had to quit my job and things looked grim but our God is good, sooooo good!

God provided for our every need thru Christians all thru the Maritmes ~ Cliff & Kash had a furnished apt supplied by the Jeremy E. The place was so handy to the hospital, we didn't need to use the vehicle much, church family while we were there (Lower Sackville Baptist Church ~ the Dodds), financial needs were met, a vehicle that made it (and we had our doubts), etc.

Even just mentioning all the blessings, I'm encouraged all over again...
Now, what was it I was complaining about? :s
Ps 55:22 ~ Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

No comments: