thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sometimes it feels like everything works against you!

We recently moved to Woodstock NB because we had a desire to come back to the Maritime/Atlantic provinces to be closer to parents. Life is just more familiar here in NB and we were so happy when a job became available at the new hospital in the area.
It's always difficult to get used to a new place. I have struggles as far as direction but with many weeks of repetition, I can usually get around after 2-3 wks (with Kasha's help, of course).
I thought I'd find work right away but that didn't come to pass ~ it's okay, I don't have to work... I'm just a very social character and I want to be among people. After several weeks, Kash got called for an interview which turned into a fine job for her.
It's been our plan to find a place closer to F'ton as soon as it warms up and we can actually look at foundations and other areas when considering a buy. While waiting, we didn't think we struggle with getting to church. We did anticipate difficulty serving, until the time we moved closer, but not getting to the services, afterall, we are back to only the one vehicle...
Satan seems to have hammered us good in the Maritimes, with bad weather to keep us from services altogether. It seems every Wednesday and Sunday, there are weather conditions to contend with. We're experiencing freezing rain at this time, and snow all thru the night. My husband is working at 7, so he won't be here to shovel... ~ugh~
I'm willing to say, we've missed more church this winter than in all the years (17 yrs), we've been going to church.
I'm feeling pretty frustrated at this time.
~sigh~

2 comments:

gailsgarden said...

So, could you get to church or not? And were the services canceled? We are REALLY going to welcome spring this year! WOW!!! It has been more winter than we bargained for! How about we cancel winter next year?!

sara said...

I am sorry Kim! I will pray for you. Sounds like you are having a hard time....I will pray that the Lord will send you some specific encouragement.