thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Twenty ~ five cents worth?


I was walking down the hill from Avery's and found what I thought was a nickle. I ran back to Avery's corner store and slapped it up on the counter and knew enough to say "mixed up candy, please".


I don't recall my age but I was about 4 or 5 yrs old. The clerk asked if I "wanted twenty five cents worth" To me, they were huge words, I just wanted my candy.


When they continuously threw candy into that bag, I thought she would never stop ~ my eyes, I'm sure, were like saucers... I had a 10lb brown bag almost full to the top.


I skipped all the way home and of course, it was seized by the authority (my mom) to last a good long time and share with the other kids... That was one of the rules as the oldest but seem to not apply so much to those who came into the family later.


But I promise, I'm not bitter! ;) ♥

1 comment:

Melodiejoy said...

LOL, that's funny :-)
Thanks for the sharing!