thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Monday, April 28, 2008

"the crossing guard"


I remember well my first day of school right down to what I was wearing. A red plaid skirt with criss cross straps, a white blouse, black patent leather shoes. I sat on the table to get my hair done while Dad chatted with me and asked if I was gonna be a good girl. I was afraid and was sulking a bit. Dad took out a shiny nickle to buy a treat for recess. I did get a sucker that rcess didn't give me enough time to eat and I was absolutely mortified that the teacher suggested I throw it in the garbage... :s I put it in my desk, yep, stuck to a book and all... ~ugh~


The real memory I wanted to write about happened later in the week, Friday, I seem to recall! I was walking home and crossed St James St in the middle, between cars even... And here he comes and I smile ~ "Hi Kevin, I go to big school now and it's dinner time"... He wasn't the least bit interested, he just continued to write in his pad. I was a bit confused, until he got done and said he was "reporting me to the office for JayWalking" :s I said "you're my cousin" and he said 'I'm a crossing guard today and I have to report you"


Well, needless to say I didn't go to school that afternoon ~ I sobbed so hard, I worked myself into a frenzy and ended up missing the afternoon. My first day of school missed... I don't remember what ever became of it. But since then, I've always remembered the jaywalking rule! ♥


***that's my memory of Kevin Hayes as a crossing guard***

No comments: