thou at times my heart would break...

thou at times my heart would break...
♪♪ there's a purpose in every change He makes ~ God makes no mistakes ♪♪

God’s Bridge to Eternal Life...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ladies Spring Salad Buffet...

This is the annual Spring Salad Buffet for the ladies to get together before summer actually kicks off... It's a great time and the salads were different and yummy too. We had to try to pick something a little different and write out the recipe and bring it too. They are thrown in a basket and at a later date Mrs Adamson (Pastor's wife) will put them in a booklet form for each one of us...
Here are some of the wonderful salads there were at the buffet!

This is Monnie Scott getting some of the salads onto the tables ~ she is a sweet servant!

This is Mabel who is going to the kitchen to see if there is any way she can be of help, I'm sure!

The beautifully decorated tables were done by Nancy H ~ I thought of Lois H and wondered if it ran in the family?
~wink~
Some of the ladies getting aquainted with Joy (far right) a first time visitor invited by her friends and our faithful witness, Margie B.

This is Connie S ~ we go to Tim Horton's regular with her and Mr S and the Thompsons. The bunch are a great crowd to hand out with!

This is Sandy M with her neighbor ~ this lady came up to me and introduced herself to me and asked if I was new! Isn't that sweet ~ I'm new to the church and haven't been to any of the lady functions yet, this was my first. She's been to the lady's bible study and didn't ever see me... ;)

Dig in, Ladies!

Charlene M is one of the first ladies I met at a game night that was put on at the church ~ we had the same top on!

Here we are chowin' down ~ oh dear, Lisa took all the pics and there is none of her... :(

Here is Margie B and her friend and guest, Joy!

And then there is clean up!
What a wonderful time we had ~ til next time, Ladies.

1 comment:

musicteach said...

Kim
You have no idea how precious it is for me to see these pictures! So many faces from when I was younger-Monnie, Dodie, Nancy (my matron of honour), Pearl Nixon (one of my dearest friends in Fredericton;how I love her and the memory of her dear family, Connie Slater (what great times we had at Camp Miracle)Sandy Metz (we went from grade 1 all the way through school together) and I think Charlene is my cousin's daughter. I still look forward to meeting her. Thais was a treat to see and i am glad you had such a good time. Thanks for posting them!
Liz